The first Finnish-speaking congregation was founded in 1887. In that period, the Czar ruled over both Finland and Russia, and he gave the official approval to the Methodist church. In 1911 the first independent annual conference was established in Finland, but some ten years later, in 1923 the church split into a Finnish Speaking and a Swedish speaking conference. Today there are 11 congregations and around 800 professing members in the Finnish provisional Conference.
Address: Punavuorenkatu 2 B, FIN-00120 Helsinki, Finland
Phone: +358 9 628 135
Telefax: +358 9 622 4558
Web site: www.metodistikirkko.fi
Jori Brander, Inkilänmäenkatu 28 A 5, 70340 Kuopio, Finland
Phone: +358 468108128