Nordic Theological Funds
You may apply for a grant from the Nordic Theological Funds by handing in an application to the Nordic & Baltic Episcopal Office twice a year. Deadlines for applications are February 1st for the Spring meeting and September 1st for the Autumn meeting. The application must be in writing and include a detailed description, name of applicants, budget, timetable and other important information. All applications must contain a recommendation from the Cabinet of the Annual Conference in Norway, Finland or Denmark.
Purposes of the Grants:
• Courses and lectures in Wesleyan Theology at theological seminaries for theological students from the Nordic Annual Conferences
• Courses and lectures in Wesleyan Theology for continued theological education of pastors and deacons from the Nordic Annual Conferences.
• Theological education of missionaries approved by a Nordic Annual Conference
• Support for participation in continued theological education for pastors and deacons in the Nordic Annual Conferences
Who may apply? :
• Boards of ordained ministry in Norway, Denmark and Finland
• Cabinets in Norway, Denmark and Finland
• Theological seminaries in Norway, Denmark and Finland
• The Bishop of the Nordic and Baltic Episcopal Area
The capital consists of three funds:
a. A donation from Hans Kristian Madsen in 1956, granted for honorariums for lectures at the Theological Seminarium at Överås in Sweden
b. A testamentary gift from Lydia and Alexis Wahlström in 1957 granted for theological education of missionaries.
c. Bishop Odd Hagen’s Fund which was collected during the celebration of Bishop Odd Hagen’s 60th birthday in 1966 for theological education.